Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Summers' Day

     It is a bright sunny summers day here in Brisbane today. So I have taken the opportunity to wash all the bedclothes and air out the pillows and doonas. It feels really good to have a chance to have freshly cleaned and dried-by-the-sunshine bedding again. With so much rain about recently and with often being busy on the fine days, I haven't been able to do this in a while. Mostly the bed clothes, (on the occasions when I remember to wash them), are having to be dried by the electric dryer and the doonas & pillows don't get a proper airing out in the sunshine, but just kind of get aired out in the lounge room or the bedrooms.   I am really looking forward to tonight when I go to bed.  I could just replace the sheets that are out on the line with ones from the cupboard, but I am going to wait until these ones are dry and put them back on the bed, so I can enjoy the sunshine smell and feel in them.

   My knitting has not gotten anywhere since yesterdays' post.  I had hoped that I would get some done at Spinners last night, but I ended up helping a fellow spinner with some serious spinning wheel issues she had, which took up most of the evening.  In return for my offering to help her though, she shouted me dinner and gave me some lovely, gorgeous & soft fibre from her stash.  I did feel that it was a bit too a generous gesture for the task, but after some small protest on my behalf, I gladly accepted the gifts. Hey, I'm not silly enough to fully turn down Thai food and beautiful fibre (that I can't usually afford) when it is offered! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment