Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Larb Salad Recipe

When I posted my Larb Moo Salad on Facebook, my friends suggested I put up my recipe on my notes page.  This I did, but now I think I might share it with the rest of the world. :)



Thai Larb Salad with pork (moo) or chicken (gai)
Ingredients:
2 1/2 tablespoons Sticky (glutinous) rice (I used Sushi rice)
2 teaspoons or so of ginger paste
500gm minced chicken or pork
2 heaped tbls chopped red onion
2 tbls fish sauce
1 tbls soy sauce
2 tbls lime juice
Dried chilli flakes to taste
2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh coriander
2 chopped spring onions
2 tbls coarsely chopped fresh mint.

 Method:
1.  In a wok or small fry pan, stir rice (uncooked)  over a low-medium heat until golden brown.  Transfer to a mortar and grind to a course powder with a pestle. 

2. In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken or pork, 1/2 the ground rice, ginger, red onion, 1/2 the coriander & mint, 1/2 the spring onions, fish sauce, soy sauce and chilli flakes & lime juice.  Mix thoroughly.  Heat a work or large heavy frying pan over medium heat and add chicken/ pork mixture all at once, stirring vigorously to keep it from sticking into lumps. cook until pork / chicken is cooked. 

3. transfer to a bowl and mix in the rest of the ground rice, coriander, mint and spring onions. 

4. serve & garnish with extra corianda, spring onion and or mint and accompany with vegetable crudites such as cabbage, carrot, cucumber, lettuce and or long beans.  I also usually serve it with Jasmine rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment